Sunday, December 21, 2008

Salman and Nurhakeem : The Beginning (Part 2)

So how what happened next?
We decided right then and there we will find the means to sign up for it, meaning we will go at every lengths to get the money. We will go at every lengths to get SGD$2.5k
Hakeem already started sending some people smses to source for money. He incidentally has an uncle owing him a good $1000. That night itself we decided, if we couldn’t raise the money in time, and we manage to get an amount, we would resort to sending one of us for the course and then teach the other. That night itself and the weeks that followed was really amazing. I fell sick that night for some reason! But well the days that came by after that night, I called and messaged a few friends, asking for some amount that they would have to lend me. I don’t like the sound of that really, borrowing. I mean who does, do you really like to be in debt? Well the motivation and desire was just too great to miss the opportunity. I called up an elder cousin whom I think would be open to providing some loan for me for a good cause or so I thought. The conversation between me and him did not go that well. We even almost got into an argument as to whether my parents should be informed. I was totally against that idea definitely. We ended that conversation but I still thank him no matter. In one of the coming days I talked to my brother and did talk to him about what I wanted to with my life and all. I had him to apply for a loan. And that loan, that damn loan, gawsh we had to wait for days to know if the application was successful. One week before the closing date of the registration of this course I want to attend to, I found out Hakeem had got the money and already signed up for it. It was just me left, and that week itself I found out that the application for the loan was unsuccessful. It was a real downer for me I tell you. A real downer. By this time my mum already found out I wanted to sign up for this course. And my mother and me did get into an argument, with me being such a hard-head against accepting money from them(my parents). I left home and did not return home the next 2 nights, crashing and bumming at a cousin’s place. I just wanted to enjoy some peaceful time on my own. The second night my mum gave me a call and again we got into an argument for accepting the money from them. 1 day before the deadline of the registration, I thought to myself, probably by guidance from God or from my mum’s daily prayers, I just thought, if really I do want to make a change for myself in life and the people around me, and now that there’s the means for me to go for it, then what’s stopping me from accepting it?

No comments: